White Bird of Paradise 'Strelitzia Nicolai'
White Bird of Paradise, also known as Strelitzia Nicolai, is a tropical plant known for its large, banana-like leaves and its striking white bird-like flowers. This plant can grow quite large, reaching heights of up to 20 feet tall and 15 feet wide in its natural habitat. When grown indoors, it typically reaches about 6-8 feet tall.
Care instructions for White Bird of Paradise:
- Light: Bright, indirect light is best for White Bird of Paradise. It can tolerate some direct sunlight, but too much can scorch the leaves.
- Water: Water the plant when the top inch of soil is dry to the touch. The plant prefers a consistently moist soil, but do not over-water as this can cause root rot.
- Temperature: White Bird of Paradise prefers warm temperatures between 60-85°F. Avoid temperatures below 50°F.
- Soil: Use well-draining, fertile potting soil.
- Fertilizer: Feed the plant with a balanced fertilizer every four to six weeks during the growing season.
- Pruning: Prune dead or damaged leaves as needed.
Note: White bird of paradise is poisonous if ingested. Keep it away from children and pets.
Q: Will my plant arrive safely?
A: We are experts at packing and shipping plants. Our clever wrapping method ensures that your new plant will arrive safely to your door!
Q: Will I get the same plant as pictured?
A: We make every effort to make sure the plant you receive matches the one in the picture. However, all plants are living beings, so there will be slight differences to the one you get.
Q: Should I buy a plant online if I'm new to plant parenthood?
A: 100% you should! Check out our Plant Blog posts for care information or to help answer the Top 5 Most Common Questions!